Privacy & Security
We are Malayan Insurance Co., Inc. (“we”, “us” or “Malayan Insurance”). We provide non-life insurance products and services online via our website: www.malayanonline.com, via agent and at our offices.
Our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement governs the manner in which Malayan Insurance Co. Inc. collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a "User", “you”) of the www.malayanonline.com website ("Site"). By using our Site and/or by purchasing our insurance products either online, via agent or at our offices, you consent to your personal information being processed by us in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement applies to the Site and all products and services offered by Malayan Insurance Co., Inc.
We value Users as our customers and respect their right to privacy. We know that you purchase our products and services because you trust that we stand behind our promises. It is our responsibility and our commitment in ensuring that the personal information you give us is secured and will take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized access to that information.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Visit our Site
- Register on the Site
- Place an order
- Respond to a survey
- Fill out a form
- Give you an accurate quote
- Identify insurance products and services for you
- Supply insurance products and services to you
- Process your application for insurance products and services
- Communicate and respond to your queries and verify your identity;
- Compile statistics to allow us to improve our products and services for you;
- For security purposes and prevent and detect fraud or loss
The personal information we collect includes your name, identification number, address, date of birth, and contact details (for example phone and email), social security number, credit card information in the payment gateway. We will collect personal identification information from you only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. If you provide personal information to us about someone else, you're responsible for telling the other person that you've provided personal information about them to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We collect personal information when you use our website, when you call us, when you visit our offices or when you otherwise get in contact with us.
While we will collect most of the information from you, we might also collect personal information about you from someone else when we are processing your application for insurance coverage or are assessing a claim under your policy. This may include another insurer, an insurance investigator, claims manager or a medical provider.
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. General non-personal identification information may include the internet protocol (IP) address, browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. This general information allows us to maintain, evaluate and improve our Site’s performance. We may also gather and use non-personal information to assess and to consider improvements to our products and services.
Advertising and marketing materials
We will only send you marketing materials about our products and services or those of selected third parties if we have your consent to do so.
We will provide you with an unsubscribe facility, in case you decide that you do not want to receive marketing materials. You should follow the instructions which are included in the marketing materials, if you wish to unsubscribe. Or you may contact us at (632) 628 8643.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to other parties who help us provide our products and services. This may be our group companies, other insurers, parties involved in supporting the claims process like assessors, loss adjusters, repairers and suppliers, investigators and recovery agents. We may also disclose such information to police, credit enforcement groups and legal advisors assisting us in providing our services to you.
Those external companies who assist us in web-hosting, maintaining our website, providing communication services and help in problem solving may also have access to your personal information for the sole purpose of providing those services. Some external companies may gather non-personal information to evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing activities. We impose security and confidentiality requirements on how these parties handle your personal information and we limit the use of such information to the specific purposes for which they were disclosed. In addition, we may disclose your information where there is a legal or regulatory requirement to do so.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We will only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or for legal or business purposes.
Sharing your personal information
We may share general demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. But we do NOT sell, rent, or trade your personal information to others.
When you make a payment on our website using your credit card, your credit card number is passed in a secure manner between our website and third party payment facility providers, such as the issuer of your credit card.
We use an industry-recognized payment service provider to process any insurance payments you make using this website. The service provider is required to protect your personal information on our behalf.
Getting in touch with us via the Internet
Our website enables you to communicate with us electronically using the internet. We need your email address in order to respond to your communications with us. We WILL NOT ask you to verify your identity by email. An email which appears to come from us, or which claims to be sent by us - asking for personal information should not be opened. It should be deleted immediately as it's likely to be an attempt to acquire (wrongfully) your personal details (called 'phishing'). If we need to verify your identity, we will contact you by telephone.
We keep the content of email correspondence you have with us as it will help us understand your needs and provide you with assistance.
Web Browser Cookies
Use of Google Analytics
Data Privacy Law and Regulations
July 18, 2017
Dear Valued Client:
We wish to update you of the regulatory developments on data privacy and security.
In August 2012, Congress enacted Republic Act No. 10173 otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA). After four years, the National Privacy Commission (NPC) issued the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the DPA (IRR) which provides for the guidelines on the implementation of the DPA.
In accordance with these issuances, we wish to notify you that Malayan Insurance Co., Inc. (MICO) will continue to process your personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information (collectively “Personal Data”) in the course of our servicing of your account/s with us.
- Personal information refers to any information, whether recorded in material form or not, that will directly ascertain the identity of an individual. This includes your name, address and contact information.
- Sensitive personal information is personal information that includes your age, date of birth, marital status, social security and other government identification numbers, policy information, and financial information.
- Privileged Information is any and all forms of information which under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws constitute privileged communication, such as, but not limited to, information acquired in fiduciary relationships.
Authorization and Consent
As a data subject of MICO who avails of our products and services:
- You warrant that all personal data given to MICO are true and correct to the best of your knowledge, freely and voluntarily given for purposes which are relevant and necessary in the administration of your insurance policy, in providing services to you or for other reasonable services it provides or improvements/upgrades in its systems and business processes, including but not limited to data analytics and automated processing, in transacting a business or any activity with MICO.
- You explicitly authorize MICO, its directors, officers, consultants, employees, and duly authorized representatives to keep, store, update, use, access, process and enter in the processing system the data given to it, and to share, transfer or disclose the data to the Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC Companies), their and MICO’s affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors, partners, agents and representatives, intermediaries, industry associations, and third parties such as but not limited to outsourced service providers, adjusters, salvage buyers, banks, external auditors, and local and foreign regulatory authorities for purposes of marketing or promotional information campaign, provision of any products, services, or offers through mail/email/fax/SMS/telephone or any type of electronic facility, profiling, research, studies/customer satisfaction surveys, statistical and risk analysis, tax monitoring, review, and reporting, compliance with court and other lawful order and requirements, with Anti-Money Laundering Act, Credit Information System Act, and all other regulatory laws, and all other activities consistent with the provisions of the Data Privacy Act and subject to appropriate security safeguards;
- You have the right to access your given information, and you undertake to correct, rectify or supplement information should any data be found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- You will hold MICO free and harmless from any liability that may arise as a result of the authorization given.
Should you wish to opt out of receiving direct marketing information, please email us at email@example.com or call our Client Care at telephone no. (632) 628-8628. Our business hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Mondays to Fridays.
Very truly yours,
Malayan Insurance Company, Inc.
How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to our data protection officer.
If you have questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, please contact us at:
Malayan Insurance Co., Inc.
(632) 242-8888 (Trunkline)
4/F Yuchengco Tower I, 484 Quintin Paredes St., Binondo, Manila